March 12, 2021 | by C-Quel Legal Research TeamEPFOESICPF Contribution
From 1st April 2021, interest incurred on PF/EPF contribution beyond Rs 2.5 lakh in one financial year will become taxable.
To calculate the income tax rate, the EPF interest earned during the year will also be added to deduce the income tax slab of a PF account holder.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has clarified, whatever is in excess to 2.5 lakhs towards PF contribution will be taxable.
March 5, 2021 | by C-Quel Legal Research TeamEPFOESIClatestEPFnews
After a successful launch of EPFiGMS for redressal of grievances, EPFO now launches SMS based helpline service for UAN related activities.
1. To visit EPFO regional office, PF members can book a visit in advance by sending a message to 9220599205.
2. Booking can be done by sending ‘EPFBOOK UAN/PF number/any digits and/or letters date time’.
3. After selecting the date and time for booking, a confirmation reply will be received through SMS.
4. In case of unavailability of the selected slot, the next available date and time will be allocated automatically.
5. Member can send only 1 SMS per day from one sim card.
6. Bookings are not available on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
7. In case the helpdesk is unable to attend the visitor, the member will have to make a fresh booking.
Currently, the service is available for members of Coimbatore, Tiruppur, and the Nilgiris districts in Tamil Nadu.