March 12, 2021 | by C-Quel Legal Research TeamEPFOESICPF Contribution
From 1st April 2021, interest incurred on PF/EPF contribution beyond Rs 2.5 lakh in one financial year will become taxable.
To calculate the income tax rate, the EPF interest earned during the year will also be added to deduce the income tax slab of a PF account holder.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has clarified, whatever is in excess to 2.5 lakhs towards PF contribution will be taxable.
March 5, 2021 | by C-Quel Legal Research TeamEPFOESIClatestEPFnews
After a successful launch of EPFiGMS for redressal of grievances, EPFO now launches SMS based helpline service for UAN related activities.
1. To visit EPFO regional office, PF members can book a visit in advance by sending a message to 9220599205.
2. Booking can be done by sending ‘EPFBOOK UAN/PF number/any digits and/or letters date time’.
3. After selecting the date and time for booking, a confirmation reply will be received through SMS.
4. In case of unavailability of the selected slot, the next available date and time will be allocated automatically.
5. Member can send only 1 SMS per day from one sim card.
6. Bookings are not available on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
7. In case the helpdesk is unable to attend the visitor, the member will have to make a fresh booking.
Currently, the service is available for members of Coimbatore, Tiruppur, and the Nilgiris districts in Tamil Nadu.
February 26, 2021 | by C-Quel Legal Research TeamESICLabour Codes 2020
The Ministry of Labour and Employment plans to extend ESI benefits to plantation workers.
The Plantation Labour Act, 1951 has been subsumed in the new Labour Code on Occupational, Safety, Health and Working Conditions, 2020 and Social Security Code, 2020.
This will provide multiple benefits to the temporarily engaged tea garden workers and other plantation workers. The ESIC covers sickness benefits, unemployment allowance, maternity benefit, and various other medical benefits to its members and their families.
Important News for EPF Pensioners Digital Life Certificate date extended to end of Feb’21
EPFO Pensioners can now submit their Jeevan Pramaan Patra (Digital Life Certificate) till the end of Feb 2021. For the comfort of 35 lakhs EPFO Pensioners, the last date for the submission of DLC is extended up to 28-02-21.