June 4, 2021 | by C-Quel Legal Research TeamCovidESIClatestEPFnews
At a time when the ongoing pandemic has posed several economic difficulties before the citizens of India, the ESIC has extended their support to the family members of all Insured Persons who succumb to Covid-19 by extending the scope of ESIC benefits.
Dependant family members of deceased Insured Persons who have died due to Covid-19 are now entitled to receive the same benefits and in the same scale, as received by the dependents of IPs who die due to employment injury
1. Deceased Insured Person must have been registered on the ESIC online portal at least 3 months prior to diagnosis & subsequent death due to COVID
2. Deceased Insured Person must have been employed for and contributions for at least 78 days should have been paid or payable during a period of 1 year immediately preceding the diagnosis & subsequent death due to COVID
Upon fulfilment of the eligibility criteria, dependents to also receive a pension amounting to 90% of average daily wages of the insured person during their life
Validity of Scheme: 2 years from 24.03.2020
June 2, 2021 | by C-Quel Legal Research TeamEPFOlatestEPFnewsPF Contribution
EPFO has notified that with effect from June 2021 PF contributions cannot be remitted by the employer without Aadhaar seeding and verification of all employees.
Immediate actionable: Employees need to login to their UAN Portal and do the following:-
1. How to seed your Aadhar details under UAN KYC
2. Verify that their name and DOB in the PF portal should match the name and DOB in the Aadhaar/ UIDAI portal
3. In case of mismatch in PF record you can directly rectify the same on the UAN portal (see the process below)
March 5, 2021 | by C-Quel Legal Research TeamEPFOESIClatestEPFnews
After a successful launch of EPFiGMS for redressal of grievances, EPFO now launches SMS based helpline service for UAN related activities.
1. To visit EPFO regional office, PF members can book a visit in advance by sending a message to 9220599205.
2. Booking can be done by sending ‘EPFBOOK UAN/PF number/any digits and/or letters date time’.
3. After selecting the date and time for booking, a confirmation reply will be received through SMS.
4. In case of unavailability of the selected slot, the next available date and time will be allocated automatically.
5. Member can send only 1 SMS per day from one sim card.
6. Bookings are not available on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
7. In case the helpdesk is unable to attend the visitor, the member will have to make a fresh booking.
Currently, the service is available for members of Coimbatore, Tiruppur, and the Nilgiris districts in Tamil Nadu.
November 21, 2020 | by C-Quel Legal Research TeamAtmanirbharBharatRojgarYojana3EPFsubsidylatestEPFnews
New employees recruited by such companies will be those who have either lost job between March 1 and September 30 or those who didn’t have employee provident fund number earlier Hurry !