The Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India has clarified that spending of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds by Companies for Covid-care health infrastructure shall be treated as an eligible CRS-activity.
The following the heads which shall be eligible as CSR activities: creating
- Health infrastructure for COVID care
- Establishment of medical oxygen generation & storage plants
- Manufacturing & supply of Oxygen concentrators, ventilators, cylinders and other medical equipment for countering COVID-19
- CSR activities under item nos. (i) and (xii) of Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 relating to promotion of health care, including preventive health care and disaster management
- Activities under item no. (ix) of Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 permitting contribution to specified research & development projects, contribution to public funded universities and certain Organisations engaged in conducting research in science, technology, engineering and medicine